UPDATE: With some of the restrictions lifting, we are starting to offer face-to-face sessions for some specific situations and will be continuing to offer a limited number of phone sessions for certain client circumstances. Please note that WE ARE NOT AT FULL CAPACITY and are instead gradually opening our schedules. This will mean there will be wait times that we cannot define and possibly other limitations until we are able to fully assess the situation. With the restrictions, we have had to adjust our screening process and we ask for patience as we start to organize the scheduling for sessions. If you would like to discuss having a session with us, please CALL OUR OFFICE at 455-4976 and one of us will be in contact with you to talk about the options. Again, please note that there will likely be a wait time of a couple of days for calls to be returned.
Our commitment to following the guidelines includes:
1) having only one counsellor scheduled per day to limit the number of people
2) We will be doing our best to leave 30 minutes between appointment times to avoid overlap of people. We ask that you do not arrive early for your appointments and to respect having only two clients in the waiting room at any time.
3) Using our largest office with the most physical distance
4) Counsellors and staff wearing masks and having plexiglass separating the front desk from the waiting area
5) Wipe-down of surfaces after each client leaves
Please confirm that you are not ill with flu-like symptoms or in quarantine from possible exposure to COVID-19. If you need to cancel on the day of your appointment due to these reasons, you will not be penalized
Counsellors Serving Individuals, Couples and Families
Northside Counselling Services offers face-to-face, confidential counselling services to couples, families, individuals, and professional groups. Our counsellors serve those affected by a range of issues, including stress, anger, grief, anxiety, relationship problems, parenting issues, as well as a whole host of additional topics. As each client is different, our private practice tailors its services and techniques around the needs of each individual. We also offer educational sessions and training for groups and professionals.
We take a holistic approach in providing clients with the therapeutic skills, knowledge, and experience necessary to start them on their path to wellness.
Are you ready to move beyond simply thinking about the issues that are taking a toll on your life? Are you ready for a change? Call Northside Counselling Services to schedule an appointment. Most EAP and insurance plans are accepted.
Professional Affiliations and Awards
- The New Brunswick Association of Social Workers
- The Association of Social Work Boards
- Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association
- College of Counselling Therapists of New Brunswick
- Vicki Coy, BSW, MSW, RSW awarded the Distinguished Service Award by the Canadian Association of Social Workers
- Vicki Coy, BSW, MSW, RSW nominated for the International Federation of Social Workers
- Awarded the Eileen McGowan Kelly Tribute Fund Scholarship by International Federation of Social Workers